White Sauce Pasta
White sauce, with its soothing texture and flavour, plays host to not just perfectly cooked fusilli but also a medley of colourful and crunchyveggies. Colourful capsicums, vibrant broccoli and crunchy baby corn endow this dish with a splash of colours, which is pretty to behold and tempting to bite into! Wonderfully flavoured with spices and herbs, the Pasta in White Sauce is a real delight to devour.
Recipe for White Sauce Pasta
- 2 cupscooked fusilli
- 2 cupsmilk
- 2 tbspplain flour (maida)
- saltto taste
- 2 tbspbutter
- 2 tspfinelychopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1/4 cupyellow capsicum strips
- 1/4 cupgreen capsicum strips
- 1/4 cupred capsicum strips
- 1/4 cupsliced zucchini
- 1/4 cupblanched broccoli florets
- 1/4 cupdiagonally cut blanched baby corn
- 1 tspdry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- 1 1/2 tspdried mixed herbs
- 1/4 cupgrated processed cheese
- For Servinggarlic (lehsun)bread
1.Combine the milk, plain flour and salt in a deepbowl and whisk well till no lumps remain. Keepaside.
2.Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
3.Add the yellow, green and red capsicum and zucchini and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
4.Add the broccoli and baby corn and sauté on amedium flame for 1 more minute.
5.Add the milk-plain flour mixture, chilli flakes, mixed herbs, cheese and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
6.Add the fusilli, mix well and cook on a mediumflame for 1 to 2 minutes, while tossing gently.
7.Serve immediately with garlic bread.
formore recipes http://thetastymunch.com